Okay, most of you probably know who I am supporting for President this election. If you don't agree with me, that's fine! Just don't get on my case about it, haha. This is my blog so I will be posting my own personal opinions.
I got an email today and I just laughed. It's so telling. Here is a copy of it
What's in the heart comes out via the tongue!
> > >
> > > From Rush Limbaugh's radio show yesterday.....
> > > 'Hey, folks, you want to tweak the Drive-By Media with me right
> > now?
> > > You are aware, probably, that Barack Obama lost his bearings
> > recently and said that he was going to campaign in all 57 states.
> > > You heard this? And everybody chalked it up to, 'Well, he's
> > tired.'
> > >
> > > You know, this is a Dan Quayle moment. I mean, Dan Quayle goes out
> > there and misspells 'potato,' and we still hear jokes about it.
> > > Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign in 57 states,
> > he was just tired, you know, it's been such a long campaign, he's been
> > so many places, he probably thinks there are 57 states.
> > >
> > > Well, I have here a printout from a web site called the
> > 'International Humanist and Ethical Union' . And here is how the
> > second paragraph of an article on that website begins.
> > >
> > > 'Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the Islamic
> > Conference representing the 57 Islamic States presented a resolution to
> the
> > United Nations Commission on human rights called commbating.'
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_of_the_
> > > Islamic_Conference
> > >
> > > Obama said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it turns out
> > that there are 57 Islamic states.
> > >
> > > There are 57 Islamic states.
> > > So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more telling
> > slip, ladies and gentlemen?'
Haha. I just can't help but laugh at that. I really really don't like this guy. For multiple reasons. I just find him to be kind of rude and a bit smug. He is very smart, don't get me wrong, I just don't see him being President.
What about the lipstick comment? Everyone is saying he didn't mean it that way, but really. Just a few days after Sarah Palin made a joke with lipstick as the punchline in the convention, he just randomly makes a joke about pigs & lipstick? GIVE ME A BREAK.
McCain is now ahead of Obama in the polls. 4 points actually. I am happy about this not just because I like McCain, but because the left wing media has already made it out to seem like Obama has won. It's annoying. THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER YET. NEITHER CANDIDATE HAS IT IN THE BAG. I think it's going to be a tough fight actually. Both candidates have things going for them. Obama is young, a good speaker, and knows how to appeal to certain groups of people. He will no doubt get a ton of votes from the younger generation and basically anybody who just hates President Bush. McCain has life experience, war experience, and is very educated. He is not the best speaker. He will draw in the older crowds, most military members/veterans, and people who are not completely dissastisfied with President Bush. It's going to be a close call.
Personally I think Sarah Palin is awesome. I love her. At first I was like "what in the heck was John McCain thinking??" But honestly, I think it was probably the best choice he has made yet. I think he probably pulled a lot of former Hillary supporters over, simply because of the woman issue. She's a smart, strong, outspoken woman. She doesn't take crap from people and is down to earth. She has a family and has real life experience. I really like her. I think her and McCain together is a great pair, and I wish them good luck!
FYI: I heard something I thought was interesting. Did you know that John McCain can only raise his arms halfway up? This is because when he was a POW, they would tie his hands behind his back and pull them up to break them. OW.
Okay, that's it for my political rant for now. Again, if you don't agree with me, feel free to comment and post your opinion, but don't get angry.
1 comments:
Christy, I really had enjoyed your bloggings about You,Matt and the children.I laughed at the sharpei video and enjoyed Sidney and her shoes.Keep up the good work. We love you both and this gives us some insight into your life there.Thank you.Mama Fay
Post a Comment