I now groom Sydney & Maverick at home. I used to take them to Petsmart, only to pick them up numerous times with their nails still long and with dry skin. I don't like their grooming salon too much anymore. Anyways, I went in search of my own grooming supplies and ran across PETEDGE. They carry quality pet products (toys, leashes, clothes, medicines, etc.) for really cheap! You can really find some great bargains on there. So I ended up buying all of my grooming stuff from that site, and I LOVE it all! For those of you who have pups, I figured I'd share my recommedations for grooming products, maybe save you some money down the road :)
Shampoo:
Petedge has it's own brand of shampoos called Pet Effects. They have tons and tons of scents that smell amazing! I recently bought the Strawberry & Guava shampoo from their tropical collection, it's great! 
I love how it smells and it really keeps their coats looking shiny and dandruff free. They have so many scents for summer including watermelon & pear, kiwi & melon,lime & mandarin, pomegranate & cherry, and pineapple & mango. PRETTY GOOD HUH?
Here are the links to them if you'd like to try them out!
Tropical Shampoos
Tropical Colognes
They also have a holiday shampoo collection, and it's my FAVORITE! It seems they only have it around the Holidays and not all year long, bummer. My favorite scent is Sugar Cookie, seriously, it smells AMAZING! Ironically, it's what Petsmart uses around Christmas and I used to just hold Sydney close to me and smell her, haha.

I would HIGHLY recommend this stuff. It keeps your pup smelling great, while also keeping their skin healthy as well. It's a plus for everyone. They are pretty cheap too! Other holidays scents include Gingerbread, Cranberry Mint, Spiced Apple, and Sugar Plum Forest, yum. Here are the links if you'd like to check them out
Holiday Colognes
Sugar Cookie Shampoo
Now, for the actual bathing part. I purchased a rubber brush from petedge called Zoom Groom. It's probably my favorite thing I have gotten them. It's so easy to use and really gets all the dead fur off. They absolutely LOVE IT, Maverick will almost fall asleep when I rub his back with it, haha.
If you're going to groom at home, BUY THIS!!! zoom groom
(they also have this for kitties)
As far as nails go, if you read one of my previous posts, you would see I bought a Peticure. Now that I've actually had time to use it a bit, I love it!! It works great and really files their nails down. GET ONE!!!
Well, I guess that's about it :) This turned out longer than I thought, but I tend to ramble. Hope this helped some, for those of you who have pets!
Friday, September 19, 2008
grooming
Posted by Anonymous at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment