Yes, I'm actually doing a post on this hurricane which is actually funny to me. Maybe it's because I've grown up in NC where hurricanes are a pretty normal occurance, but I find it hilarious how everyone is freaking out about this hurricane down here. Seriously, people are acting like it's the end of the world and there's going to be some huge flood that will sweep everyone away or something. It's just a hurricane! We've had plenty come through here before and will have plenty afterwards! Anyways, it's the talk of the town down here and yes, we're getting prepared. We went to walmart tonight just to get some extra bottled water, bread, and some canned stuff in case we lose power. Honestly, I don't think it's going to hit here that hard unless it takes a wrong turn at the last minute. Luckily, we live about 30 miles inland from the coast so we won't get it as bad as base will. Probably just lots of wind & rain, hopefully no flooding! Mostly I'm just worried about going into labor during the middle of it all, haha!! That would be our luck. My doctors appointment yesterday revealed that I had no progress at all since last Friday, so I guess that's a good indicator Avery doesn't plan to make her appearance this weekend. However, I've heard lots of rumors that hurricanes can sometimes bring on labor in women who are almost full term due to the pressure change in the atmosphere. As much as I'd love for her to come out soon, I'd really love for her to wait until after this storm passes through! We'll see :] anyways, here's a picture I took at walmart tonight that, for some reason, we found HILARIOUS. There was seriously water stacked 3 rows deep, 7 rows across, and about 4 feet tall! We had a good chuckle out of it, overboard much?

0 comments:
Post a Comment