It seems like I can't sit still long enough these days to update this thing! Yes, I'm still pregnant. Tomorrow I'm 39 weeks and next friday is my due date! It looks like this little lady is doing things on her own time. We thought for sure when I went in a couple weeks ago for my 37 week appointment and was already 1cm dilated that it wouldn't be long but I guess that's a learning curve for us first time parents-it takes a while! At my doctors appointment this past Tuesday we found out I am still 1cm dilated and I went from 30% to 50% effaced so that's some progress I guess! I was told to walk a lot to help progress things, so I've been walking twice a day, once during the day with the dogs and once at night with Matt. We make about 5 laps up and down our street. Not sure if it's really helping anything but at least it gets me some exercise :] My next appointment is next Tuesday so we're keeping our fingers crossed for some progress. My doctor has already told me they won't allow me to go more than 10 days past my due date before they induce me, so at most we will only have a couple more weeks until Avery is here! We're getting pretty anxious but trying to keep busy and keep our mind off things until she comes! I've definitely had the typical "last month miserable-ness" haha! I'm physically pretty exhausted from lugging around my huge belly. In the past couple of weeks my hands and feet decided it would be an awesome time to start swelling up, that has been fun. Sleep has become more difficult with my hips falling asleep every 10 minutes, haha. But honestly, when I feel this little girl wiggle around inside me, it's all worth it knowing we will see her sweet face and get to cuddle with her soon enough!
As an update from my last post-my friend Stephanie delivered her adorable baby boy Kevin on September 4th, this past Saturday! He is a cutie pie! We've been up to the hospital a couple times to visit and they were just sent home today. I'm so happy for their family and can't wait until Avery comes out to play with Kevin :]
This past weekend, Matt's sister Wanda and her fiance Gary came down to visit for a couple of days. We had a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I've been a huge slacker at taking pictures lately so I don't have any. But we got out and did a lot of stuff around town which was nice. We went to the marine at the base Matt works at and Matt, Gary, and Wanda went swimming in the lake. After that, they took out a paddle boat and had some fun! We went shopping & saturday night we hung around the house and grilled out steaks and lit up a bonfire later and had some yummy smores! It was really nice to see family! Normally we have to travel home to see anybody so it was nice to have someone travel down here to see us!
On Sunday, we had a bit of a scare. I woke up in a lot of pain. The right side of my belly had shooting pains to the point where I could barely breathe or walk. I had no idea what was wrong because I had never felt this pain before, especially during my pregnancy. Matt got me in the car and we rushed up to the hospital. On the way up there, my pain started to get worse about every 3-4 minutes, we honestly thought I might be in labor! Once we got up to labor & delivery and they got me hooked up, they saw that Avery's heartbeat was ok and I was immediately relieved. They checked me and they said everything looked fine and that if anything I was in EARLY labor. Once they checked Avery's position, they determined she was sitting in a really weird position which was cauing my uterus to be completely distorted and tighten up when she moved, hence why I felt what I thought was contractions. They said if anything I was just having practice contractions and nothing serious. After having her on the monitor and walking around for about an hour, Avery re-positioned herself and I felt much better! It definitely scared us and gave us some good practice for the big day! :]
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Posted by Anonymous at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment