I don't think I have ever posted a picture of Matt while he was deployed! haha. He wasn't able to send home any pictures from last deployment, so these are a treat this time! I am always scared they are gonna violate the security rules or something, but Matt said it's okay to post these, so here they are!
These are just pictures of his room that he's in
His rack (bed)
This is Knuckles, a hedgehog Matt & his friends "adopted" haha
Pictures he has up on his wall locker, he loves his family :]
Matt in his little room
His makeshift computer desk haha
Here's a few pictures of him & his friends!
Matt said this was taken after a dust storm, hahah
Matt is 2nd from the right
In this one, I think he is the one on the far right (it's hard to see their faces with sunglasses on haha)
Here's a couple pictures from when he got to meet a General a few weeks ago
And, most importantly, Matt picked up Sergeant this past weekend on July 4th!! What a great day for him to pick up rank huh? He received a Combat Meritorious Promotion and is now considered an E-5 in the Marines! He has worked hard for this and totally deserved it. Here are a few pictures from his promotion ceremony!
Matt is on the right
Sooo, for an actual deployment update for those of you who are trying to keep up, haha. We are now 77% done! There's a little more than 8 weeks until Matt is home! The time is really starting to fly by and I'm happy about that! I'm finally starting to think of homecoming sign ideas and looking for my homecoming outfit! I can't' believe it's that time already to start preparing for him to return!
Well, that's about it for this post! Hope everyone has a great weekend!





.jpg)

1 comments:
ahhh! I'm so excited about evertyhing.
Post a Comment