Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August!

Well now that I've caught up on like 6 months of life, I guess I'll continue by updating on this month!  Avery turns 23 months old tomorrow, I can't believe it!  I'm in full party planning mode, even though we are going to have something very small this year.  We're renting out a shelter next to a park so her friends and her can play for a few hours.  We'll just be doing pizza & ice cream, very small, but still fun!  I'm excited.
Avery has had a language explosion this month.  She now speaks in sentences and I'm continually shocked by what comes out of her mouth.  Yesterday I gave her a graham cracker after she finished her lunch and her eyes got huge as she exclaimed "OHHH thank you mama, thank you!!!" I couldn't even help but laugh out loud. She also learned how to blow her nose and count to 5!  She is such a little sponge and I love it.  One of her favorite things to do is watch me get ready in the mornings. She loves to put lip gloss on just like me and insists I brush her hair after I do mine.  I love having a girl! :)

Last month Matt & I signed up for college! He's been in college for a while but it's been a long time coming for me.  I'm still not 100% sure what I want my major to be but I'm getting there.  Our classes start tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about it.  I haven't been in school in 6 years!  All of our classes are online except for a geology lab we're taking.  Yes, we're taking a geology class together! Matt's taking 2 classes and I'm taking 4.  I'm not really sure where I'm going to find the time to accomplish all of this, but I will manage.

Here are some pictures I've taken so far this month.


enjoying some frozen yogurt!

she insists I put lip gloss on all of her stuffed animals too!

Avery loves to take pictures of herself with my phone! lol

she refuses to be buckled into carts anymore, so she rides like  this! 

0 comments: