Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Been a while!

I can't believe it's been 9 months since I last posted! I thought for sure I had kept up with this thing more often, but when I went to check my last post, my jaw dropped! I'm kind of sad I missed out on that much time being documented :(  It was always my plan to go back and print all of these posts out, so Avery could always go back and see the early years of her life. Now I've missed almost the entire 3rd year of her life, dang!! I guess I should start catching up now!

Last I left off, it was August and Matt & I were about to start school. It's kind of no wonder I wasn't able to keep up with everything AND this blog.  School was hectic! I can't even begin to tell you how many times over the past school year I kicked myself for not finishing my Bachelor's Degree before Avery was born! I had so much free time back then and I never realized how much of a struggle school work can be with a little one running around. Matt also worked a full time job, did volunteer firefighting, worked a side job, and did school as well.  Bless him! All together, we finished up the year strong.  We are both halfway to our Associate's degree now and should both be finishing up next spring then transferring over to a 4 year college to complete our Bachelor's degree. As for now, we are taking the summer off and loving it :)

Avery turned 2 last September! Words cannot describe how much she has changed since I last posted. She is growing up to be a bright, vibrant, smart, stubborn, beautiful girl.  She is strong willed and knows how to get what she wants.  She'll throw an epic tantrum just to turn around an hour later and give you big hugs and kisses saying "I love you soooo much!" She knows how to press buttons and definitely knows she's adorable and can get her way. Her current favorite word is "dis-dust-ing" as in disgusting. She still loves all of her "buddies" aka stuffed animals and has recently become obsessed with picking out her own clothes and dressing herself. She loves bubbles, dressing up, and coloring. She knows how to count to 20 now, most of her shapes, tons of animals, all of her body parts, and we're working on the alphabet right now and writing down everything. She amazes me every single day with her beauty and brains! I guess I should post some pictures from the past 9 months :)
(these are only from September 2012-March 2013..the rest are on my phone, but I will update with them soon!)

first big haircut (before & after) 

such a little lady!

2nd Birthday Party!! 

Matt, Avery, and "mamaw" at her 2nd birthday party! 
Mommy, Daddy, & Avery! :) 

Uncle Scott, Meme, Mommy, & Avery! 
she got to go the aquarium for her birthday present! 


posing with the shark tank! 

taking pictures with mommy 

picking out a pumpkin for Halloween! 

her 3rd Halloween, a princess! 

one of her favorite things to do...climb daddy! 

she loves her friends so much! 

Such a beautiful little girl! 

Daddy, Mommy, & Avery at Christmas 2012! 

opening Christmas gifts- December 2012 

leaving out milk & cookies for Santa at meme's house 

SANTA! Christmas 2012 

Family <3 nbsp="" td="">

we are goofballs 

This is a current picture of Sydney, still doing great in her new home!! 

Avery's hair has grown so much! 

again, climbing daddy :) 

beautiful girl <3 nbsp="" td="">

we built her a reading corner :) 

she got a new carseat! 

her most recent Minnie picture, 2.5 years old!! March 2013 

her first time feeding geese at the park! 

throwing bread into the water for the "water ducks"



0 comments: