Hello! I know, I know. I've abandoned this blog for a while. Sorry!! Life has been really hectic lately. Stuff would happen and I would think "I really need to put this on the blog" then never got aroudn to it, haha. But I'm back! A lot has happened the past month, we've been on the go for what seems like forever!
Shortly after I posted the last entry, we had the Marine Corps Ball. It was a blast! Well, most of it at least, but I'll get into that later. We really did have a lot of fun and just enjoyed ourselves. I've included a few pictures below of our night :) The downfall of the night came with our bus driver. A Marine himself who APPARENTLY had his bus license but I beg to differ. First of all he drove like a MANIAC on the way down there, running over curbs on purpose, speeding, it was scary to say the least. It only fueled my already perpetual phobia of school buses. I have always been scared one was going to tip over with me inside it. Well, after getting lost THREE times we finally arrived at the ball. For those wondering why we had to take a bus in the first place-it was mandatory if you didn't stay in a hotel room for the night down in Greeneville. Well for us that would include ball tickets ($80), boarding the dogs ($30), gas ($40), all of our ball stuff in general (about $100) and then a $90 hotel room on top of that, I don't think so! We just rode the bus and saved a lot of money. So after the ball we somehow "lucked out" and got the same bus driver. About 20 minutes down the road, 10 drunk Marines they HAVE to get off the bus and pee right that second. So what does our bus driver do? Well I can tell you it was NOT waiting for the nearest gas station. Nope. He pulls off the side of the road right then and there. A good 5feet off the road to be exact. About 1 foot away from a huge ditch/creek. The entire bus was tilted at least 50degrees sideways. Talk about scary. To top it all off, the bus got stuck in the mud. So we ALL had to unload the bus, me in heels. They made us jump the creek, all sorts of things. Finally another high ranking guy stops on his way home from the ball and lets us sit in his van until the other bus comes and gets the married guys and the wives. It was an experience to say the least.


Shortly after I posted the last entry, we had the Marine Corps Ball. It was a blast! Well, most of it at least, but I'll get into that later. We really did have a lot of fun and just enjoyed ourselves. I've included a few pictures below of our night :) The downfall of the night came with our bus driver. A Marine himself who APPARENTLY had his bus license but I beg to differ. First of all he drove like a MANIAC on the way down there, running over curbs on purpose, speeding, it was scary to say the least. It only fueled my already perpetual phobia of school buses. I have always been scared one was going to tip over with me inside it. Well, after getting lost THREE times we finally arrived at the ball. For those wondering why we had to take a bus in the first place-it was mandatory if you didn't stay in a hotel room for the night down in Greeneville. Well for us that would include ball tickets ($80), boarding the dogs ($30), gas ($40), all of our ball stuff in general (about $100) and then a $90 hotel room on top of that, I don't think so! We just rode the bus and saved a lot of money. So after the ball we somehow "lucked out" and got the same bus driver. About 20 minutes down the road, 10 drunk Marines they HAVE to get off the bus and pee right that second. So what does our bus driver do? Well I can tell you it was NOT waiting for the nearest gas station. Nope. He pulls off the side of the road right then and there. A good 5feet off the road to be exact. About 1 foot away from a huge ditch/creek. The entire bus was tilted at least 50degrees sideways. Talk about scary. To top it all off, the bus got stuck in the mud. So we ALL had to unload the bus, me in heels. They made us jump the creek, all sorts of things. Finally another high ranking guy stops on his way home from the ball and lets us sit in his van until the other bus comes and gets the married guys and the wives. It was an experience to say the least.


Here are a few more recent pictures as well:
our stockings
our new burner covers my mom made us for christmas, aren't they CUTE? :)
maverick :)
mavericks christmas "tuxedo"
sydney's christmas dress :)
I hope that catches you up on our life some! As most of you know, Matt will be deploying again soon. I am not allowed to give out specific dates or anything that will give out too much information about where he is or what he's doing. But I can say that he will deploy soon and be gone for another year. We aren't looking forward to it but know it's what we have to do right now. I will be emailing everyone shortly with more information and my phone number if you would like his address. I am not going to post it online for security reasons. I have a long list of stuff he would like in packages in case anyone is wondering.
Also-I am in a new contest, best couple! I am currently in 2nd place and just need more votes! Here is the link if you'd like to vote
http://www.sugarloot.com/entry/611072977
you can vote ONCE daily, more than once will hurt my score. Thanks so much!
Hope everyone is doing GREAT! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Christy, Matt, Sydney, Maverick







0 comments:
Post a Comment