So lately we have been watching a lot of TV because Matt has been on leave. I have come to the conclusion it just sucks you in, haha. I definitely have a few favorite shows of my own. First being Jon & Kate Plus 8. Anyone ever watch it? I'm absolutely addicted to this show. For those who don't know, it's a weekly show that follows the lives of Jon & Kate Gosselin. Kate was diagnosed with PCOS shortly after they were married so they had to turn to fertility treatments to have kids. They first had their set of twins, Cara and Mady. Then, they wanted just one more and ended up getting pregnant with SEXTUPLETS! It's an absolutely amazing story. I believe they were the first people in the US to get pregnant with sextuplets after already having a set of multiples, thus the allure of the show. Before beginning the series, they did 2 1-hour shows called "Surviving twins and sextuplets" I saw that before anything else and was really drawn to the show for some reason. From there, they were offered a television series and ran with it. They initially wanted to do the show just to document their kids lives on camera. You can imagine with having 8 kids, it would be difficult to take pictures or videos of all of them. It has turned into a national hit, being the highest rated show on TLC ever. The show is so real. Kate definitely does not hold her tounge and let's her stress show. Her & Jon communicate like a normal married couple with 8 kid would communicate, haha. But what draws me to the show the most are the children. I have watched this show for so long now that I can name each and every kid just by looking at them and not only that, but can tell you a ton of personality traits about each one as well. It's kind of scary, actually, haha. I guess I just soak the show in learn so much about parenting and relationships. It sounds corny, but everyone really should watch this show at some point! New episodes come on every Monday night at 9pm, you won't be disappointed!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
TV
Here's a picture of the whole clan just so you get an idea
And for those who prefer reading, I highly recommend Kate's book "Multiple Blessings: Surviving to thriving with twins and sextuplets" It's a new book that just came out, Matt bought it for me for Christmas. I read the entire thing and absolutely LOVED it. It was funny, serious, spiritual, inspiring, really everything you look for in a book all wrapped up in one.
Posted by Anonymous at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment