Wednesday, September 21, 2011

1 year old!

Avery turned 1 this past Friday! Our big 1 year old!! I don't know whether to refer to her as a baby, toddler, or tornado anymore. All 3 fit I suppose. She will always be my baby, the doctor refers to her as a toddler now, and most days, she is my mini tornado that whips around the house destructing everything in sight. I never knew one 2 foot tall human being could bring so much joy, love, and amazement into my life! She is still the spitting image of her daddy. I still stand by the statement that if I had not carried her for 10 months nobody would ever know we're related! haha. She is like a little sponge lately. I catch her just staring at something/someone trying to figure it out. She loves to repeat everything you do. The other day she threw her sippy cup on the floor, shot both of her hands straight up in the air and loudly said "UH OH!" I about died from the cuteness. She has FINALLY started saying mama consistently, and even associates ME with it! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! After months upon months of being called dadadada, I'm thrilled she actually knows who I am, since I'm with her 24/7 and all. She also LOVES to wave and say "HI!" now. Everywhere we go, her little arm is up in the air wiggling her fingers around saying Hi!! Adorableness, I tell you. The list could go on and on of the cute things she does on a daily basis, but I'll stop here for now and try to catch the rest on video :)




Her birthday party was this past Saturday. It was fun! Lots of people showed up- that little lady sure is loved! She had tons of fun and was totally in her element with all the attention. I should have lots of pictures here soon since my good friend Jena photograped the entire thing for me..right now she only sent me a few though, so here they are!











1 comments:

Marci said...

So adorable! I know what you mean about being a sponge. Landon is the same way! He just learned to say "bye-bye" while waving his hand. So cute. Can't wait to see what year 2 brings!