Well we've been busy this past weekend! On Friday morning my mom came down. Avery had her 2 month doctors appointment that afternoon and it was nice to have her there for help & moral support since Avery had to get some shots. Speaking of her appointment, she is 11lbs 8oz and 22.5 inches long-she's growing like a weed! The doctor said her height/weight proportions were perfect for her age and she is in the 50-75 percentile, which is great! She has hit all her 2 month mark milestones and is doing great developmentally. I talked to her doctor about her reflux. Avery has been doing SO much better with the spit up lately. Ever since that AR formula and Zantac screwed her up for a week and we put her back on her old formula, she's been doing so much better than before. I don't know what caused it to get better but I'm thankful for it. She hasn't spit up through her nose (choked) once in a week and a half now, and I've knocked on plenty of wood after saying that ;] She barely spits up at all anymore unless she gets really excited or has a hard time burping after she eats. The doctor told me to not give her anymore Zantac because she is gaining weight fine and doesn't need it, yay! Avery's shots went ok...she definitely cried and I definitely cried right with her :[ It broke my heart when she realized what had happened and her little bottom lip poked out and she started wailing. She only cried for about 5 minutes though and once we got her in her car seat and walked out to the car she was already passed out and didn't wake up until at least an hour later. She has a little knot on her thigh now where the needle went in but she only ran a small fever and wasn't that grumpy at all afterwards-I'm thankful for that!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Other than that-she is just getting cuter and cuter by the day :] She loves to hold her own head up now. The other night I was changing her and flipped her over to her belly and she pushed herself up on her arms and had her head high in the air. I called Matt in to see and sure enough she did it again! Last night I did the same thing and instead of just lifting her head up, she actually rolled over from her belly to her back, twice! I called Matt in but she wouldn't do it again :[ She is getting so strong and growing up fast! Her newest thing is fighting naps-she loves to watch what's going on and hates sleeping because I think she feels like she's missing out on something haha. She also sleeps through the night now-can't remember if I already wrote that or not. She started about 2 weeks ago in Richmond-slept from 9pm-6am and I woke up panicked that she wasn't breathing! haha! She had a few more nights of waking up for a midnight bottle but then she just started sleeping straight through the night every night and hasn't looked back! We obviously LOVE it haha. She goes down around 830-9 at night and will sleep until 5 or 6 in the morning. She will drink a bottle then and go back to sleep until around 9am, it's wonderful! It's also probably why she doesn't like to nap anymore though ;]
Also-this weekend Matt & I had his annual Marine Corps Ball. It was about the same as all the other years, not that fun haha. But we did get to stay in New Bern for the night on Saturday and enjoyed a little time to ourselves, even though we talked about Avery the whole time anyways! We couldn't wait to get back to her on Sunday, definitely missed her! Sunday we decorated for Christmas (yes, I know- a little early) but my mom was still here and offered to help so we couldn't pass her up on the offer. Now we have a 2.5 day work week and we're off to Greensboro for Thanksgiving this weekend! My birthday is on Saturday and I turn 24-yikes?
I don't really have any new pictures of the little lady except one I forgot to upload from Richmond-the rest are of us at the Ball this weekend-enjoy :]
Posted by Anonymous at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment