Today is a big day in our household! First off, today is our 4th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years since our wedding day, it has gone by soo fast. We've always had nice anniversaries, but this one is especially sweet because we got to see our little girl in 3d! At my last check up a couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to reserve the very last spot for an ultrasound in June at my doctors office (obviously, they are a very busy office, haha). It just so happened to be today, at 7am no less! I am NOT a morning person at all, so it was a little rough waking up that early, but SO worth it! Avery is definitely a little character. She has spunk to say the least. During the ultrasound, her favorite position was having her legs in front of her face and holding one of her ankles with her little hands LOL! She was obviously trying to hide from us or something :P The ultrasound tech was lucky enough to get some good pictures of her face right off the bat, but Avery was not cooperating at all after that. You could tell she was tired because she kept rubbing her face with her hands and stretching her little arms haha. Apparently, she takes after her mama and isn't a morning person either. It was SO amazing to see all her features on the screen, technology amazes me! We could clearly see her face, hands, fingers, toes, feet, legs, knees, elbows, everything! She looked very healthy and extremely comfortable there in mommy's belly! :] I think overall, she is a spitting image of her daddy! She clearly has Matt's nose which I could see even from the last ultrasound, but these pictures confirm it. I think she might have my mouth/lips, but it's kind of hard to tell. As a whole, she could probably pass for Matt's twin :]
As for the technical stuff, she is still sitting head up in my belly. Hopefully she decides to flip downwards in the next month or two so she'll be in the right position to make her appearance! :] Her heartbeat was 154bpm which is slightly higher than my last appointment when it was 145bpm. They can't measure her length anymore to determine her development since she's so big, so they just measure her weight. I'm SO happy to say that she must have had a growth spurt because she's fully caught up to herself in weight! Remember how at the beginning of my pregnancy, she was consistently measuring about 3-4 days small? It was really no big deal because my doctor wouldn't even change my due date unless she was a week or more off, but it was just kind of a pain to keep up with, wondering if it was anything important or if she was just petite. About a month ago, I just had a gut feeling she was going through a growth spurt. I was insanely hungry for about 2 weeks straight, I literally thought I was going to eat the whole house lol. My belly was really itchy which I assumed meant she was growing and stretching my skin out. She was also unusually still and didn't kick much, I guess she was tired from putting on the extra weight! Today at the ultrasound, I was SO relieved when the tech said she is measuring right on track (to the day!) at 2lbs, 5oz!! :]
Another thing they had me do today was take a glucose test which tests my body's tolerance to sugar (insulin levels) and determines whether or not I have gestational diabetes (a form you only have while pregnant). It wasn't exactly fun, but it wasn't as horrible as I've heard it was. I had to drink a bottle of this stuff that tasted strangely familiar to sunkist, but was basically loaded with sugar lol. It had a nasty aftertaste! Luckily, it didn't wreck my body too bad and when they pricked my finger to test my levels, I was a healthy 116 (140 is the limit), so that's great news! Everything else (my weight, blood pressure, etc) still looks great!
I feel SO blessed to have had such a wonderful pregnancy thus far, a beautiful little girl, and a loving husband!
Here's some pictures from today of our little lady along with some videos of her wiggling around in there (seriously, how cool are these videos? I LOVE THEM!)
face shot!
trying to suck her thumb
i think she looks SO much like Matt in this one!
another face shot
her little foot! she has all 5 toes, I counted :]
then, the feet went up and this is how she was the rest of the ultrasound, feet in face!
and yes, I had them double check to make sure she was still a little girl and not a boy! LOL
This video is her wiggling her little toes! She had her feet in front her face like this for most of the ultrasound haha!
This is her wiggling her fingers (see them on the right?) and then trying to hide from the camera!
This video is her kicking mommy, really hard by the way! haha
1 comments:
these videos are incredible! i love it!
Post a Comment