We've been busy lately! I didn't say anything until now but Matt officially got orders to stay in North Carolina for 2 more years! We are so excited, he had to work really hard to get these, and we're grateful. He will be non-deployable, so that's awesome! He had to round up his gear in order to check out of his old unit and into his new one. I always find it interesting when he gets all his gear out, so I decided to snap some shots! Notice all the black boxes, they are FULL of gear, he collects it! haha
This is a ceremony Matt was in for a change of command in his unit. It was pretty neat, the Marine band played and everything. Here's part of the formation (Matt is not in this picture)
Matt is in this picture, I put a little red arrow pointing to him! He got to pretty much stand out front, cool huh?


Matt again
Well, we bought a storage shed for the house! For some reason, Matt decided he wanted to build it himself, so we bought it cheaper and assembled it ourselves. I still have no idea how he put all this together, but he's done a great job. We're finishing up tomorrow and I will have a final picture of it then. For now, here's some shots from the whole process..
All the pieces when he first started out...overwhelming?
Starting to piece together the floor
Floor halfway done
Floor complete & in place!
All 4 walls done and ready to be mounted
3 walls up, looking good!
Finally all 4 walls up, looking like a shed now!
Roof framed
Matt working on the storage loft which we both think will come in handy!
What it looks like as of TODAY! (tuesday) He put the plywood on the roof and we painted the trim white. All that's left to do is put shingles on tomorrow! I will be sure to take an "after" picture and post it! I'm so proud of him for working so hard on this, I think his hard work sure does show in these pictures!
And just for fun..here is my 18 week belly picture :]






0 comments:
Post a Comment