I was 10 weeks last friday! :]
Also, a few days ago, we had a scare with Maverick! Last weekend, he stopped eating food alltogether, barely drank any water, we had no idea what was wrong with him. He wouldn't even eat any human food. This went on for about 5 days. Thursday night I was laying in bed and could hear his stomach grumbling, it broke my heart because I thought he was starving and just wouldn't eat. So I got him up about 3am and tried to feed him some food. He ate a couple pieces of turkey and once I poured some chicken brother over his dry food, he ate that too. I thought that would help him but apparently not, because 10 minutes later, he started yelping everytime he would move. Scared the living crap out of me! I was a mess. I drove him to the emergency vet and found out he has pancreatitis. Normally this condition flares up when dogs eat too much fatty foods, but Maverick barely eats at all, so the vet ran more tests and found out he had a virus and his pancreas was severely inflamed. It was hard as a brick and pushing against his stomach muscles, therefore causing him the pain. He got tons of shots-antibiotic, anti-imflammatory, some IV fluids, and pain medicine. I took him home under strict instructions to be careful with feedings and make sure he got enough water! He was pretty pitiful for a couple days, slept all the time and had no interest in food or water still. But he's now back to normal now! He's eating like a champ and very energetic, I hope his condition doesn't flare up again! Here's some pics of my little man when he didn't feel good, he was just too adorable not to take a picture of
sick boy
:[
of course Sydney snuggled with him to make him feel better
Monday, February 22, 2010
Posted by Anonymous at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My poor Mavy! I'm sooo glad he's feeling better.
Post a Comment