Kielbasa Rice & Beans
*20 Minute Meal*
1 Polska Kielbasa (I prefer HIllshire Farms)
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Corn
6 Servings of Rice (white or brown)- I normally use Uncle Ben's 10 minute brown rice
Cheddar Cheese
Instructions:
1) Start Rice (cook as instructed)
2) While rice cooking: cut up kielbasa and throw in a pan with 1 TBS butter. I slice the kielbasa and then half the slices.
3) Brown kielbasa in pan.
4) Add can of corn (drained) to pan with kielbasa
5) Add can of black beans (NOT drained)
6) Mix and simmer until rice is done. If it's going to be simmering for a few minutes, I'd add in half a cup of water.
7) Put rice in bowl, top with sausage, beans, and corn mixture, and top it all off with cheddar cheese!
Turkey Polska Kielbasa
Instead of Black Beans and Corn, it's also good with Dark Red Kidney Beans
If like Spicy: Cook Kielbasa with a little Cayenne Pepper, or add Hot Sauce before eating.
If like onions: Add diced raw onions with the cheese.

0 comments:
Post a Comment