Sunday, May 29, 2011

May

I can't believe May is already almost over! Where has this year gone?!?! This means June is right around the corner, and June means half the year is already over, wahh! It feels like it was just last summer and I was hugely pregnant ad hot all the time! September can't possibly be only a few months away...I refuse to acknowledge this. Moving on.







This month has been fun for our family. Avery is growing up so fast. It seems like everyday she learns something new and exciting. She now officially crawls ALL over the place. She was getting up on all 4's and rocking for a couple of weeks, then started to sporadically move her hands, then one day just took off and now she's a crawling machine. Her favorite toys are anything that's not hers (i.e. cords, kitchen utensils, dog tails). We have slowly packed up all her baby toys :( :( :( Just this past week, her bouncer, sleeper, playmat, infant carseat, and bumbo seat all went into the shed out back. The only one left is her jumperoo and she won't even tolerate that for more than 10-20 minutes at a time now. It's too constricting I guess, she loves to have open space to move. Her favorite place is on her foam playmat in the middle of the living room floor with toys surrounding her. It's pretty darn cute and amazing to just sit and watch her play with all her big girl toys (which we need to buy more of eventually). She amazes us every single day.


She's also started to pull up on people and furniture to stand up. She's still pretty shaky but she gets there. I forsee many wipeouts in her future but hey, she has to learn somehow. Yesterday we babyproofed the house as well. All the electrical cords were put up and sockets covered. We need to wrap foam around the legs of our table since she loves to smack her head on that too. Today we will install the drawer/cabinet locks in the kitchen since she loves to play around in there. I can't believe it's already time for all this!!!!!!


Well, I guess it's time to post pictures like normal. I will try to include a couple of videos in here that I've taken recently, if blogger lets me that is :)




standing up





she looks just like her daddy






cake pops. these are SO good.



i finally got my hair cut & colored..love it!



we went to the pool with Avery for the first time this weekend..she had a blast!







Laughing at daddy



crawling



waving for the first time




playing with her toy


0 comments: