It's been so hard to update this thing lately! It's not completely the fact that I didn't have time, but by the time I did sit down to do it, I had so much I wanted to talk about that I got overwhelmed and just didn't do anything! I actually had a running post that I never published for about a week, then just deleted it alltogether. I've been having major problems copying & pasting into this blog, which is a huge pain because I upload TONS of pictures into my facebook albums of Avery! I think I may have figured it out though, so we'll see!
Avery is now 7 months old! She is a little firecracker. She is all over the place, but still not crawling. It's not far off though! She scoots everywhere and can roll across the floor in no time flat. She loves playing with her toys more than ever and is drooling everywhere! Still no teeth, poor little thing! Luckily she started regulating her nap schedule a few weeks ago. Instead of taking 4-5 short cat naps, she now takes 2, 2 hour long naps a day! It's been SO nice for me to get stuff done with! She still doesn't sleep through the night though, boo! Maybe one day? haha I'm not going to upload a bunch of pictures of her this time, but I am going to try and put a link to my facebook album on there, they are all uploaded there!
her 6 month photo album
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=772216145788&id=29709168&aid=2349922&l=1db80ae457
her 7 month photo album
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=839378312268&id=29709168&aid=2355497&l=bf27f35352
I'd also like to talk about this weekend and what happened down here in Camp Lejeune. It was Saturday morning and I had heard on the news that a bad storm was ripping through the Southeast and coming our way. It wasn't expected to hit us here until later that night so we went about our day and didn't think much of it. That afternoon, we heard reports of a tornado that touched down in Raleigh and completely tore down a Lowe's Home Improvement store. We felt so bad for those people in Sanford! I couldn't believe this was really happening IN North Carolina. Around 5 we headed home and the sky started to get REALLY dark, unusually dark for 5pm in the spring. We had the weather channel on and saw that the storm was heading straight for us. Fay was down and we ended up getting in the closet with Avery and the dogs for a while. Matt stayed out in the living room to keep an eye out on everything and video tape the storm. It was so eery. The clouds were literally coming right for our road, then split in two and went on either side of us. Tornadoes were reported in 3 surrounding towns and one touched down and took out a lot of the town of Snow Hill. After about an hour, things calmed down and we came out of the closet. Matt actually went to bed and I stayed up to watch the news. Around 8pm, my facebook newsfeed started blowing up with reports of a tornado heading straight for Tarawa Terrace. This is a base housing community that Matt & I lived on for a few years. I have many friends who still live there. Keep in mind, this community is HEAVILY populated. Tons of homes and young families are packed in there. It wasn't 10 minutes later that I started seeing statuses of Tarawa Terrace being ripped to shreds. The tornado went smack dab through the middle of TT and took out MANY homes. Homes were completely leveled, top stories taken off, cars totaled, glass blown out, trees shredded in half. I immediately started seeing pictures and my heart broke for everyone that lived there. One family's house was torn down completely. It was a mom and an (almost) 2 year old little boy. The little boy had to be life flighted to a local hospital and the mom had multiple cuts and gashes as well as a broken jaw & missing teeth. The storm had literally thrown them out of their house. SO SCARY. Miracuously, every single one of my friends home was ok. The tornado literally SKIPPED over certain streets/houses and left some untouched. I can't believe so many families were blessed to not have been affected at all. Sunday they immedately started taking donations for the 40+ families left homeless. Matt & I went up there and dropped off a bunch of stuff. It was amazing to see how much stuff they had already collected, almost 2 whole rooms completely full! Just say some prayers that these families are able to get into a new house and get settled again soon. I will post the links to some photo albums I saw on facebook with some storm pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1795778817659.2093810.1335386292
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150160247338030.291136.235534633029
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1658328898322.2080230.1240110055
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
my oh my, how time flies
Posted by Anonymous at 2:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment