Friday, April 10, 2009

It's been a while

I know, I know. It's been over a month since I've updated, oops :)

Well, there's not much new here really. Matt has been gone a little over 3 months now, hard to believe huh? We have been sending him lots of care packages and emails. Speaking of email, he checks his almost everyday, so if anyone would like to email him and doesn't have his address, let me know and I will get it to you. Other than that, I have moved back in with my mom. Matt & I have decided that we are getting out of the military after this deployment. Not 100% sure what we're going to do yet as far as jobs or a place to live, but we have some things in mind. We are both so excited and more than ready to start this next chaper in our lives. This June marks 3 years since we've been married and we have spent the majority of that time apart due to deployments. It's time to be together and just be "normal" haha.

Lately, to keep myself busy, I've started some random hobbies. One was making chocolate covered strawberries! Ever since my bakery days last deployment, I have been on a kick to decorate fruit and cupcakes. I've only gotten to the fruit, but I'm sure cupcakes will come up shortly. Here's a picture of my delicious strawberries I made. Of course, I didn't eat them all, I shared :)




Oh yeah, I have a new contest entry! I lost my last contest by 20 some votes, it was discouraging. So I stayed out of them for a while and then this one came along. It is "Best Nature Photo" and the prize is awesome. It's a "Green" goodie bag with tons and tons of girly stuff like shampoo, makeup, hair stuff, perfume, etc. I would really love to win and right now I am holding first place, so it looks like I might have a chance with this one. If you'd like to vote, I'd really appreciate it! Remember, it's a ONCE daily vote (per IP address). If you vote more than once a day from the same IP address, I could get deleted. Here is my entry, just click on the picture and it will take you to the voting page. By the way, what do you think of it? I am starting to build my photography portfolio up and I am definitely adding this picture I took, I just love it!


Give me a 10 for Best Nature Photo

I hope everyone has been doing well! Shoot me an email sometimes, I'd love to hear from everybody-christy3761@yahoo.com

Have a happy EASTER! I'm sure I will have more pictures and an update again soon!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dragon said...

Love the pic, and I love you! :-) Ok, I know you're going to make some pretty chocolate covered strawberries when you come to visit me.

Barb said...

Your strawberries look professional. Maybe you should do more using other types of fruit also, and take orders to sell.